We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of realizing the data’s full potential. You will join a Technology team, but will “slice and dice” data using your own methods, creating new visions for the future.
Objectives of this Role
● Collaborate with product design and engineering to develop an understanding of needs
● Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
● Communicate findings to all stakeholders
● Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
● Keep current with technical and industry developments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
● Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
● Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across various domains and industries
● Identify valuable data sources and sets to mine for client business needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
● Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
● Analyze large amounts of data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
● Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
● Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
● Automate collection processes & build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
● Combine models through ensemble modeling
● Present information using data visualization techniques
● Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
● Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Skills and Qualifications
● Strong skills in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
● Excellent communication, presentation skills and business acumen
● BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
● 3+ years experience in data science
● Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
● Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
● Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, data frameworks like Hadoop and programming languages (i.e., Java, SAS, R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, or C++ is an asset)
● Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
● Proven Data mining/science experience and problem solving aptitude.
● Master’s degree in stats, applied math, or related discipline
● 2+ years of project management experience
● Professional certifications