CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Data Scientist. We are seeking candidates with proven skills in managing large data sets; applying statistics, machine learning, and other techniques to drive towards meaningful insights; and presenting these insights to varied stakeholders.
CrossBoundary is not a development firm and is not seeking typical development skills. As a Data Scientist, you will be a part of a cross-disciplinary team that has the potential to create a significant positive impact on underserved communities. You will work with data sets of vastly varying size, granularity, and quality and connect that information to concrete recommended actions. Data Scientist candidates should have at least 3 years of work experience (or applicable post-graduate education), with 1 year of experience working in high-caliber data science or consulting organizations. Experience working in developing countries will be regarded favorably.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 3 years of work experience (or applicable post-graduate education), with 1 year of experience working in high-caliber data science or consulting organizations
- Experience working in developing countries will be regarded favorably
- Expertise in at least one data-focused programming language (e.g.: Python, R, MATLAB)
- Expertise in advanced statistical applications: non-parametric regression and classification, Bayesian methods, etc.
- Expertise in visualization libraries (e.g.: Plotly, ggplot2, Tableau)
- Experience in version control (e.g.: Git/GitHub) is a plus
- Experience manipulating and transforming large data sets (e.g.: SQL, Spark, HDFS) is a plus
- Experience in numerical optimization (e.g.: gradient-based techniques and MILP) is a plus
- Experience with GIS tools (e.g.: ArcGIS, QGIS) is a plus
- Ability to work independently and to learn new skills with minimal supervision
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences